“The plan was to build a nice driver, not something over-the-top like the Pace Car. Something that anyone could build with the current aftermarket support offered today in the marketplace. Something I can jump in and drive anywhere.
The name of the build “reCoupe”, refers to this coupe changing hands a few times and never been finished. So reCoupe means a new life for the car as it came back as something better than before.
We put this car together including paint and body in a matter of 3 months, though I had been collecting parts and pieces for about 9 months for the build. Next phase of the project will include cleaning up the engine bay, doing a set of AFR 165 heads and adding the trick vintage BXR intake.”
Below is a brief overview of the build plans for the project.
Interior – The key here is the modernize the interior slightly and use a color palette that the factory never utilized. I think the brown and black contrasts nicely with the white.
- Custom two tone black & brown interior with custom TMI upholstery
- TMI Pro Viper Jr bucket seats & matching rear seat upholstery
- Isotta Steering Wheel
- Short throw with Twist Machine shifter
- Full FatMat interior with plenty of extra insulation
Exterior – Just a clean simple exterior. Not much has to be changed to make a good looking coupe.
- LX grill delete
- Saleen/Cervinis front lower air dam
- Mustang bumper letters filled
- Clear lights, smoked tails
- Color match moldings
- Tinted windows
- Bolt on 5.0 with F cam and Holley intake
- BXR intake to come
- Shorty headers & full exhaust
- Stifflers FIT System
- Stifflers transmission cross member
Suspension /Brakes – Car needs to be low, but I’m not planning on air ride with this project. Instead I plan on using Raceland coilovers will be used to get it on the ground.
- Raceland Primo coilovers with camber plates
- 94-95 SN95 spindles & 5 lug conversion
- Cobra brakes front and rear
- Full upgraded supsension bushings, custom upper and lower control arms
- UPR spherical bushings and shock extenders
- 5 lug – 18×8.5 front & 19X9.5 rear
- Work VS-XX replicas
Photo Credit: Harris Lue @luecreative
For more information on our coilover solutions for Ford Mustangs, click here.
2 thoughts on “Beautifully Built Notchback | Tom’s ’89 Mustang”
Love the pictures and article
about any and all foxbody mustangs. Keep up your great work. Thanks
Love it bruh winnipeg_foxbodycrew
Add on ig